The Makemedia team is comprised of highly talented individuals, who work effectively as a team for the benefit of our clients. As an agency we value talent and communication very highly as we believe that these traits are inherent, where as skills can be learnt.
Tom Prior - Creative Lead
Where did you come from?
I grew up in Essex and East London, then moved to Canterbury to study Multimedia Technology and Design at the University of Kent. I worked at design agencies in London and Kent after graduating, then set my sights on moving to Sussex in 2009.
I had always wanted to work in Brighton, and after nagging Makemedia into submission they took me on as their visual designer in Summer 2009.
What can you do?
I spent my early design years working on print-based projects for publishing and magazines, so built up some useful layout and typography skills which have served me well ever since. I've also done video editing, video effects and the odd bit of animation - but the web is where my real enthusiasm and interest has always been, and is where I have specialised for the last five years.
I can also eat my own bodyweight in carrot cake.
What do you do?
My role at Makemedia is to lead the creative direction of our projects from initial brief through to finished mockups. I spend most of my day sketching ideas and re-arranging layers in Photoshop or Illustrator until my ideas finally come together.
What do you like?
I'm a complete car obsessive - I'm interested in everything to do with motoring culture, design and history. I love driving and can't think of a better way to spend a sunny afternoon than a blast around the Sussex countryside.
I'm a motorsport fan, but particularly enjoy Formula One. I play golf to a quite awful standard, and the guitar to an even worse level - but I love both. I support the mighty Dagenham and Redbridge FC, and have watched us reach the dizzy heights of League One after years in the non-league wilderness (John Still, we salute you).
Luckily, I also love design outside of work; I spend a lot of my spare time tinkering with web-based side projects, or learning more about new web technologies and design trends or techniques.
Meet the team:
- George Longfoot - Operations Director
- Ben Dykes - Technical Director
- Nick Wood - Director
- Robin Scott - Managing Director
- Iain Douglas - Senior 3D Consultant
- Michail Mavronas - 3D Artist
- Edd Temple-Smithson - Front End Dev
- Tom Prior - Creative Lead
- Simon Collins - Developer
- Rupert Whitlock - .Net Developer
- Ric Hall - Sales Director
- Patrick Sansom - UX Designer
- Stephen Bradley - PHP Developer
- Geoff Cullen - 3D Production Manager
- Gemma Faires - Finance Manager
- Ben Scammels - Digital Designer
- Paul Ferguson - Front End Developer
- Alex Maines - Software Architect
- Ben Evenden - 3D Artist
- Guillermo Phillips - PHP Developer
- Scott McCallion - Business Development Manager
- David Rowse - Project Manager