The Makemedia team is comprised of highly talented individuals, who work effectively as a team for the benefit of our clients. As an agency we value talent and communication very highly as we believe that these traits are inherent, where as skills can be learnt.
Nick Wood - Director
“I’m Nick, one of the directors here at Makemedia. Since the start of the company I’ve been heavily involved in the 3D side of the business, but I’ve now moved into an account management role.”
Where did you come from?
I was born in Brighton and have lived in the Brighton and Hove area all my life, (which isn’t something that many people can say down here these days). I spent 7 years away at boarding school at the Royal Hospital School near Ipswich, before studying Product Design at Bournemouth University.
Having spent a number of years in military aircraft simulation, I then moved into the games industry, where I worked as a 3D artist on a number of driving games.
What can you do?
Having worked as a 3D artist for several years, I then moved into an outsource management role in my later years in the games industry. As a result, in the early days of Makemedia I was doing a lot of our 3D production, but I’ve enjoyed moving into more of a management role as the company has grown.
Anything 3D related still interests me, whether it’s films, games or new modelling techniques; although I feel totally out the loop these days as I struggle to understand what our 3D artists are talking about!
What do you do?
My account management role at Makemedia entails me looking after our major clients and key accounts. It enables me to use a mix of business and sales skills, whilst dealing with our customers on a day to day basis which I really enjoy.
What do you like?
I’ve always been a big sports fan, both watching and playing. Having played football and rugby from an early age, they have remained my main passions, although I still try to get away on a ski holiday every year too. During the rugby season I play for Hove Rugby Club, although not quite to same level as I did in my younger years!
Design in general has remained an interest since my degree, anything from a kettle to a car, which most people seem to find quite dull.
When possible I love to get away from everything; whether it’s a holiday or simply a walk on the South Downs.
- Nick's blog posts:
- Coming Soon
Meet the team:
- George Longfoot - Operations Director
- Ben Dykes - Technical Director
- Nick Wood - Director
- Robin Scott - Managing Director
- Iain Douglas - Senior 3D Consultant
- Michail Mavronas - 3D Artist
- Edd Temple-Smithson - Front End Dev
- Tom Prior - Creative Lead
- Simon Collins - Developer
- Rupert Whitlock - .Net Developer
- Ric Hall - Sales Director
- Patrick Sansom - UX Designer
- Stephen Bradley - PHP Developer
- Geoff Cullen - 3D Production Manager
- Gemma Faires - Finance Manager
- Ben Scammels - Digital Designer
- Paul Ferguson - Front End Developer
- Alex Maines - Software Architect
- Ben Evenden - 3D Artist
- Guillermo Phillips - PHP Developer
- Scott McCallion - Business Development Manager
- David Rowse - Project Manager